“Attendee” is an individual or entity who has registered an account for the purposes of attending an event; “Client” is an individual or entity who has entered into an event management agreement with GEVME; “Content” all text, documents, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audio-visual combinations, interactive features, and other materials attendees, clients may view on, access through, or contribute to the Service; “GlobalSign.In” is an event management company that is located at their registered address, 28 Genting Lane, #01-01 Platinum 28, Singapore 349585 with Company Registration Number 200704830D and for the purposes of this agreement referred to as “GSI” and/or “Company” where applicable. “Intellectual property rights” are any and all copyright, rights in inventions, patents, know-how, trade secrets, trademarks and trade names, service marks, design rights, rights in get-up, database rights and rights in data, utility models, domain names and all similar rights. “Service” includes the GEVME’s event management platform, applications, technological tools, products, features and offering that is made available by GSI to its clients and/or attendees “Site” refers to www.gevme.com (or any of our other websites including various top-level domains as well as various sub-domains and aliases of these domains)
- words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa, words importing a gender include every gender and references to persons include body corporate or unincorporated
- Information about GEVME
www.gevme.com is a website operated by GSI.
- Acceptance of Terms
Description of GEVME
- GEVME enables event professionals and marketers to manage their events centrally with a suite of applications to support collection of payments, sales of tickets/ registrations, designing and sending out emails, design and customize forms and manage their contacts database, with a supporting suite of reporting tools. The Service is provided to registered users who subscribe to one of our premium accounts. The user is subjected to certain payment obligations as set out below. We shall make the Service available from time to time and in its sole discretion and you hereby acknowledge that no representation of guarantee is given with regard to the availability of the Service.
Use of Service
GSI hereby grants clients permission to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service, subject to the following conditions:
Clients agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service without GSI’s prior written authorization, unless GSI makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service, which includes but is not limited to:
- Downloadable applications
- Downloadable widgets
- Changing the source code;
- Addition, modification, removal of any component of the Service
- Clients agree not to access the Service through any technology or means other than those authorized by GSI;
Clients agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses prior to GSI’s written approval is obtained:
- the sale of access to any part of the Service;
- the sale of advertising, sponsorship or promotions placed on or within the Service
- Clients agree not to modify, build upon, or block any portion or functionality of the Service.
- Clients agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes. Clients agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes any attendee or any other clients.
- Clients agree that in their use of the Service, all applicable laws will be complied with.
- Clients agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service without GSI’s prior written authorization, unless GSI makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service, which includes but is not limited to:
- GSI hereby grants clients permission to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service, subject to the following conditions:
- Sharing of accounts by clients, with any other person who is not the registered holder of said account.
- the access and use of any account, by a person who is not a registered holder of that account, regardless of whether that person may be a holder of another account; and
- Spamming and other malicious activity
- the usage of the Service for any illegal and immoral purposes
- In the event, that clients detect or suspect that there is a breach of security and/or prohibited use of their accounts, clients must notify GSI immediately.
Registration and Conclusion of Event/Subscription Period
- To access the features of the Service, clients must create an account via registration. When registering, clients must provide accurate and complete information. Any omission of material information will entitle GSI to terminate the account.
- Clients are solely responsible for the activity that occurs in respect to their account and must keep their account passwords secure. GSI will not be liable for any loss and/or damages that may arise out of, consequential or otherwise, the loss of account passwords or unauthorised use of accounts due to the client’s actions.
- GSI shall not be liable for losses caused to any client, attendee or to any third party, by any unauthorised use of any account.
- Clients may be liable for any loss incurred by GSI or others, where such loss arise from the client’s actions and/or omissions.
- Clients agree that GSI has the right to retain any information and/or data stored in the Service for a period of five years following the respective event, although clients are entitled to, at any time, expressly request for the deletion and/or purging of the said information and/or data by making such request to GSI at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is subject to the client not being in breach and/or default of payment to GSI (where applicable). In such an event, GSI shall promptly delete and/or purge the said information and/or data.
- Clients shall cease to have access to the Services including, but not limited to, the GEVME event management platform and/or applications thirty (30) days from the date of conclusion of the respective event and/or the subscription account period, whatever the case may be.
- GSI offers users with either Free or Paid Accounts. Paid Accounts shall be subject to monthly, quarterly or yearly payment, via an online payment system operated by third parties. You hereby agree, acknowledge and consent that the use of the online payment system is solely under your responsibility and risk.
- You may notify GSI that you wish to terminate your subscription through contacting GSI. Any such notification in this regard should be given at least three (3) months prior to the intended date of termination.
- Without limiting the foregoing, you represent and agree that you shall not include in Customer Data any Sensitive Personal Information. For such purpose, “Sensitive Personal Information” means any information that: (a) must be protected in accordance with specific or heightened security requirements imposed by applicable law or industry standards; or (b) would require notification to government agencies, individuals or law enforcement if subject to unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Examples of Sensitive Personal Information include without limitation government-issued identification numbers (such as driver's license numbers or Social Security numbers), financial account numbers, nonpublic personal information (as defined by the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 and applicable regulations), cardholder data (as defined by the PCI DSS), and protected health information (as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and applicable regulations).
- Without limiting the foregoing, you represent and agree that: (a) you have all rights in the Attendees Personal Data and Customer Data (including without limitation having provided all notices and received all consents and authorizations) required for the Parties to perform their respective obligations and exercise their respective rights in connection with this Agreement; and (b) you shall be solely responsible for ensuring that the use of Attendees Personal Data and Customer Data that Authorized Users post, send or otherwise make available using the Service complies with the Acceptable Use Policy, all Applicable Laws, and any other legal or contractual restrictions relating to User Personal Data or Customer Data.
- The Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos on the Service, are owned by or licensed to GSI, subject to other intellectual property rights under the law.
- Clients shall not download any Content unless there is a “download” or similar link displayed on the Service for that Content. Clients shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of GSI or the respective licensors of the Content. GSI and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
- Clients agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
- Clients affirm that they understand that when using the Service, they may be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that GSI is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. Clients further understand and acknowledge that they may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and they agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies they have or may have against GSI with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless GSI, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to their use of the Service.
- As account holders, clients may submit, where applicable, Content to the Service, including videos and user comments. Clients understand that GSI does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any client-generated content that they submit.
- For clarity, Clients retain all of their ownership rights in their client-generated content. However, by submitting their client-generated content to GSI and/or GEVME, they hereby grant GSI a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the client-generated content in connection with the Service and GSI's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
- Clients further agree and warrant that the content they submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless they have permission from the rightful owner of the material or they are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant GSI all of the license rights granted herein.
- GSI does not endorse any content submitted to the Service by any attendee or client or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and GSI expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with said content.
- GSI does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and GSI will remove all client-generated content if properly notified that such client-generated content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. GEVME reserves the right to remove client-generated content without prior notice.
Intellectual Property Rights
Clients acknowledge that GSI retain all copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent and other proprietary and intellectual property rights to the Services, and any or all modifications to the Services, related documentation and marketing materials regardless of:
- whether such intellectual property notices appear on the materials; or
- whether such intellectual property notices have been filed with governmental agencies.
- Clients agree that they shall not disclose to anyone any proprietary or confidential information of GSI which they may receive through the Services or which they may have access to on the Site, and that they will not use any such information to compete against GSI.
- No competitors or future competitors are permitted access to the Site or Services, and any such access by third parties is unauthorized. Clients agree that they will not copy, record, publish, compile, reproduce, republish, use or resell for any competing commercial purpose any information on the Site or which they receive through the Services.
- Clients understand and agree that any third party data, content, materials or software ("Third Party Content") which may be published on GSI and/or GEVME website(s) or otherwise made available through the Services may be subject to third party licenses, that such licenses may be altered or revoked at any time by the applicable third party licensor, and that, provided there is no material reduction of functionality in GEVME’s System, removal or alteration of Third Party Content shall not constitute a material breach.
- Clients acknowledge that GSI retain all copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent and other proprietary and intellectual property rights to the Services, and any or all modifications to the Services, related documentation and marketing materials regardless of:
User Representations and Undertaking
Clients hereby affirm the following:
- that they will safeguard their Account information and will supervise and be completely responsible for any use of their Account.
- Removal of the infringing User-generated Content
- Discontinue or restrict access of client’s access and use of the Service
- Suspension or Removal of infringing client’s account; or
- Any other action that it deems necessary
GSI may at any time, terminate or restrict the clients’ access to the Services with immediate effect with no obligation to make refunds to clients if:
- Clients are guilty of any act of fraud or dishonesty in relation to GEVME and/or the Service;
- Clients acts in a manner which adversely affects the reputation of GEVME; or
- Non payment of issued invoice.
- Clients makes a resolution for its winding up or composition with its creditors, or makes an application to a court of competent jurisdiction for protection from its creditors or an administration or winding up order is made or an administrator or receiver is appointed in relation to the clients.
- Clients may, at any time during the course of the Service, give written notice to GSI to rectify any non-performance of the Service and/or GSI’s obligations within thirty (30) days, failing which, clients have the right to terminate the Service.
- Clients hereby affirm the following:
Trade Marks and Trade Names
- "GEVME", "GEVME Access", "Great Events Made Easy", GEVME's logo and all other proprietary identifiers used by Globalsign.in Pte Ltd in connection with the Site and Service ("Company Trademarks") are all trademarks and/or trade names of Globalsign.in Pte Ltd, whether or not registered. All other trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos which may appear on the Site belong to their respective owners ("Third Party Marks"). No right, license, or interest to the Company Trademarks and the Third Party Marks is granted hereunder, and you agree that no such right, license, or interest shall be asserted by you with respect to the Company Trademarks or the Third Party Marks.
- We may provide you with the right to use a sub-domain within the Site. All such sub-domains are the sole property of ours. In the event we provide you with a sub-domain, your right to use such sub-domain may be terminated by us at any time (with or without notice) for any reason or no reason provided.
- The client acknowledges and affirms that GSI will not and cannot censor, verify or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, clients hereby relieve GSI, from any and all liability arising from their own use of any third-party websites and/or their postings on our Service.
- From time to time where necessary for the purposes of the provision of the Services, GSI may engage third party service providers and/or vendors and/or subcontractors, as the case may be. GSI shall make available to the Client the existing third party service providers and/or vendors and/or subcontractors upon request and shall, upon the appointment of any new third party service providers and/or vendors and/or subcontractors, inform the Client accordingly.
No provision of this Agreement includes the right to, and you shall not, directly or indirectly:
- enable any person or entity other than Authorized Users to access and use the Service;
- modify or create any derivative work based upon the Service;
- engage in, permit or suffer to continue any copying or distribution of the Service;
- reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile all or any portion of, or attempt to discover or recreate the source code for, any software that is part of the Service (except to the extent such restriction is limited under Applicable Law);
- access the Service in order to build a competitive solution or to assist any third party to build a competitive solution;
- remove, obscure or alter any proprietary notice related to the Service; or
- use or permit others to use the Service other than as described in this Agreement, the Policies and Documentation, or for any unlawful purpose. In the event GlobalSign.in Pte Ltd believes that you are violating any of the terms set forth in this Section, in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity (including termination pursuant to Section 13.3), GlobalSign.in Pte Ltd will have the right to suspend your (or any Authorized User's) access to and use of the Service for so long as is reasonably necessary to address such potential violation. GlobalSign.in Pte Ltd shall notify you of any such suspension by email and in advance (except in urgent or emergency situations), and work with you in good faith to resolve the potential violation.
Disclaimer and warranties
- Clients hereby agree that their use of the Service shall be at their sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, GSI disclaims all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the use of the Service and the clients’ use thereof.
GSI makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the content accessed or the content or any sites linked to the Service and assumes no responsibility for any:-
- Errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of the content;
- Injury, damage or loss of any nature whatsoever resulting from the client’s access and use of the Service;
- Any unauthorized access or use of the client’s account and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein;
- Any interruption or cessation of transmission to and from the Service;
- Any viruses, Trojan Horse or the like which may be transmitted to or through the service by any third party; and/or
- Any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content via the Service.
- GSI shall use its best efforts to maintain the appropriate organizational and technical measures for protection of the security (including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing, and against unlawful or accidental destruction, alteration or damage or loss, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, client and/or attendee data.
- 18.4 Upon the Client’s request, GSI shall provide the Client with reasonable cooperation and assistance needed to fulfil the Client’s obligation under the GDPR to carry out a data protection impact assessment related to the Client’s use of the Services, to the extent the Client does not otherwise have access to the relevant information, and to the extent such information is available to GSI, and to the extent that such assistance rendered is not in contravention of any existing laws, including but not limited to privacy and/or data protection laws.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall GSI be liable to clients for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from:-
- Errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of content;
- Any interruption or cessation of transmission to and from the Service;
- Notwithstanding (A) above, in the event GSI is found liable for any reason, GSI’s liability shall not exceed the total aggregate amount paid by the respective client for the Service. If no fee has been paid, GSI shall not retain any liability.
- In no event shall GSI be liable to clients for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from:-
To the extent permitted by applicable law, clients hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GSI from any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to legal fees) arising from, but not limited to the following:
- Clients’ use of and access to the Service;
- Clients’ violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any intellectual property, property, or privacy right;
- Any claim that clients’ actions caused damage to a third parties; and/or
- Clients’ violation of any laws
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, clients hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GSI from any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to legal fees) arising from, but not limited to the following:
Revision of agreement
Ready to empower
your event management experience?