Stargazing at Science Centre Observatory & Digital Planetarium show in Omni Theatre
Add me to the waiting list
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as there is a spot which frees up.
We have added you to our waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a ticket becomes available. Follow the 4 Facebook pages to be the first to know about our newest events: Young Scientist - https://www.facebook.com/scsyoungscientist Family Programmes - https://www.facebook.com/familyprogsingaporesc Science Centre Observatory - https://www.facebook.com/SCOBservatory UNTAME - https://www.facebook.com/UNTAMESG
Every week brings a slightly different visual spectacle to the skies overhead. In this live planetarium show inside the Omni Theatre, our Science Educator will bring you on a tour of the current night sky, point out the beautiful sights and listen to fascinating stories about the stars.
Book your stargazing slots at the Science Centre Observatory after the show, hang around admiring the celestial objects and interact with our Science Educators and Volunteers.
- 8pm-8.45pm - Whats Up there? Digital Planetarium Show in the Omni Theatre (Registration starts at 7.45pm)
- 9pm-10pm - Stargazing at the Science Centre Observatory
Participants will take turns for stargazing according to the prevalent safe distancing measures. Please follow the instructions on the day of the event.
Fees: $14 per person (Omni Theatre + Stargazing)
- Due to social distancing and safe management measures, participants without a valid ticket will not be allowed into the Observatory & Telescope field. Do book your tickets early as there will only be 50 slots for each date.
- Children below 12 years old must be accompanied by 1 adult with a valid ticket.
- For your safety, all participants must wear the safety goggles provided when viewing through the telescope.
- This activity is not suitable for 3 years and younger as they will not be able to wear the safety goggles. Toddlers are also not recommended for this Omni Theatre show.
- As stargazing is weather dependent, there will be no refund or alternative activity in case of bad weather.
- There will be no free Friday stargazing sessions until further notice. These specific Fridays are selected due to availability of celestial objects in the night sky.
- This programme will be available in 2022 if you miss the tickets in 2021.
- The observatory will host occassional talks and other programmes. Information on these will be available on the Science Centre Observatory Facebook page.
Thank you for your support! All the sessions are full!
ASTRONAUT EXPERIENCE @ Science Centre Observatory (20 pax per session)
- Live digital planetarium show inside the Omni Theatre (45-min)
- Make and bring home your own Galileo Telescope (45-min)
- Embark on Apollo 11 Mission using VR (45-min)
- Private stargazing session in the Observatory (45-min) - weather permitting*
Only 14 sessions on Fridays (final run in 2021):
June 4th and 11th(FULL) July 2nd, 9th and 30th(FULL) August 6th and 13th(FULL) September 3rd and 10th(FULL) October 1st, 8th and 29th(FULL) November 5th and 12th(FULL)
This programme takes place only on the first and second Friday of the month.
Price: $80* per pax (same rate for adult & children 7 years and above, accompanying adult will need a paying ticket).
*This programme cannot accept Singapore ReDiscover vouchers.
This Astronaut Experience is recommended for 10 years and above. Children below 12 years old need to be accompanied by at least 1 adult with a valid ticket. Not suitable for children below 6 years old. Young children/toddler without a paying ticket will not be allowed into the classroom and observatory. Due to Safe Distancing Measures, only the 20 pax with valid tickets are allowed inside the classroom and observatory. For your safety, workshop participants will be handling a hot glue gun on their own when making their Galileo telescope.
Like our Science Centre Observatory Facebook page to receive updates on our latest programmes and view event photos. You can also follow Young Scientist, Family Programmes, and UNTAME for other Informal Science public programmes.
1. Confirmation is on a first-come-first-served basis.
2. Please note that there will be no refund of the programme cost for any no shows, cancellations or wrong selections during registration.
3. Please note that all discounted admissions are subject to the attendees holding the relevant identification. If identification is not produced upon request, the participant may be denied entry to the programme.
4. Science Centre has the right to change or cancel the programme. In the event that the programme is cancelled, all registered participants will be informed 3 days prior to the date of the programme and all charges will be refunded.
5. Please be informed that while we will make sure that necessary safety precautions are taken, the Science Centre will not be liable for any accidents or damages incurred during the programme.
6. Science Centre Singapore may take photographs or recordings of any visitor for any purpose, without prior approval or compensation.
7. There will be no refund in case of rain or overcast skies.