ALB Virtual Cross-border Debt Restructuring Forum 2020
Add me to the waiting list
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as there is a spot which frees up.
We have added you to our waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a ticket becomes available.
The Asian region has been witnessing an increase in corporate distressed debt, growing non-performing loans, posing legitimate concerns for lenders and investors. The regional lenders are likely to see more winding up cases from their corporate borrowers, as the trade-reliant economies take a hit from US-China tensions, tepid economic condition, coupled with the disruption force hammering various industry sectors.
When given such cases, the debt restructuring process can be painful, time-consuming, and unfamiliar for many creditors, especially those dealing with cross-border borrowers. Will creditor’s rights be frozen in overseas jurisdictions? What is the right strategic planning to enforce the rights and ensure optimal asset recovery? With Singapore’s revised restructuring legislations to become the regional restructuring hub, how can creditors leverage on the new favourable features?
Our inaugural ALB Virtual Cross-border Debt Restructuring Forum 2020 timely sets out to find compelling solutions to meet the changing dimensions of restructuring and insolvency cases. The conference brings a wide range of creative and collaborative solutions from lawyers, accountants, creditors to ultimately achieve successful debt restructuring, recovery, and turnaround for both creditors and debtors. With better clarity, the event will also widen up new opportunities for distressed investors.
Cross-border debt restructuring will become the must-know for every credit provider.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the latest regulatory and legal changes governing restructuring and insolvency matters across different jurisdictions
- Harness the enforcement rights, payment priorities, and adequate protection for creditors
- Grab the essential negotiation strategies between debtors and creditors before court proceedings
- Navigate divergent interests, recovering and transforming post-restructuring
- Engage to learn creative solutions from leading restructuring and insolvency practitioners
- Seize opportunities in rescue and distress financing for lenders and white knights
- Special situations stressed and distressed investing opportunities in Asia – translating legal differences into opportunities
Who Should Attend?
The conference is a can’t-miss event for all debt restructuring and distressed investing professionals:
- Restructuring and Insolvency Lawyers
- Creditors/Insolvency Practitioners
- Special assets or “workout” department
- Loan Management/Lending Services
- Credit Risk
- Fixed Income
- Credit Strategy
- Corporate Recovery/Turnaround
- Corporate Bonds
- Accounting Firms/Advisory Firms/Auditing Firms
- Debt Restructuring
- Debt Advisory
- Capital Providers/Investors
- Rescue Financing
- Distressed Investors/Special-situation Investors/Activist Funds/High-yield Investors
- Debtors/Distressed Firms
- M&A Professionals
- In-House Counsel/Chief Legal Officer
- Industries that are vulnerable to financial distress