Drug Allergy – from Basics to Current Updates with focus on Antibiotic Allergy
Add me to the waiting list
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as there is a spot which frees up.
We have added you to our waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a ticket becomes available.
- Academy Members, Residents and Senior Residents - $100.00
- Non-Academy Members - $120.00
Section of Clinical Immunologists and Allergists, College of Physicians Singapore
College of Paediatrics and Child Health, Singapore
Chapter of Infectious Disease Physicians, College of Physicians Singapore
Aims of the program:
Participants will learn about:
1. The different types of drug reactions.
2. The principles in the evaluation and management of drug allergy:
- How to use history as the first key tool to differentiate allergic from non-allergic reactions to drugs as well as rule out other possible co-incidental disorders.
- What are the useful investigations to confirm or rule out the different types of allergic drug reactions.
- The management of an acute reaction and when to refer to a specialist or to the Emergency Department for urgent hospital care.
- What is drug desensitisation and when is it useful.
3. Antibiotic allergy:
- Differentials of fever and rash besides drug allergy.
- What to do if patient is allergic to the antibiotic of choice.
- Update on penicillin and beta-lactam allergy including cross-reactivity.
4. Application of knowledge gained:
- Discussion using case scenarios to enable participants to practice application of information presented in the general lectures.
5. Perspectives from both adult and paediatric allergists for each section, highlighting the pitfalls and pearls.
A/Prof Bernard Thong Yu Hor, Senior Consultant, Department of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, TTSH
Dr Justina Tan Wei Lynn, Senior Consultant, Department of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, TTSH
Dr Grace Chan Yin Lai, Senior Consultant, Department of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, TTSH
Dr Tan Sze-Chin, Consultant, Department of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, TTSH
Dr Liew Woei Kang, Senior Consultant Paediatrician, SBCC Baby and Child Clinic, Gleneagles Medical Centre, Visiting Consultant Paediatrician, KKH
Dr Soh Jian Yi, Consultant, Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Paediatrics, NUH
|0800 - 0830||Registration|
|0830 - 0850||Welcome address and Pre-CME Quiz||Prof Chng Hiok Hee, Chairman, Section of Clinical Immunologists and Allergists|
|0850 - 0915||Classification of adverse drug reactions||A/Prof Bernard Thong Y H|
|0915 - 1000||How to take a history in patients with suspected drug allergy||Dr Grace Chan Y L and Dr Soh Jian Yi|
|1000 - 1015||Questions and Answers|
|1015 - 1045||Tea Break|
|1045 - 1130||Investigations in drug allergy||Dr Justina Tan W L and Dr Soh Jian Yi|
|1130 - 1215||Management of drug allergy||Dr Tan Sze-Chin and Dr Soh Jian Yi|
|1215 - 1230||Questions and Answers|
|1230 - 1330||Lunch|
|1330 - 1400||Update on penicillin and beta-lactam allergy||Dr Grace Chan Y L|
|1400 - 1415||Questions and Answers|
|1415 - 1500||Case scenarios (Adult cases)||Dr Justina Tan W L|
|1500 - 1530||Tea Break|
|1530 - 1615||Case scenarios (Paediatric cases)||Dr Liew Woei Kang|
|1615 - 1630||Post-CME Quiz|
|1630 - 1645||Closing remarks||Dr Liew Woei Kang, President, College of Paediatrics and Child Health|