ALB Virtual Joint Ventures and Alliances – Guide to Negotiating Commercial Terms, Legal Structures and Documentation Masterclass Oct 2023
Add me to the waiting list
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as there is a spot which frees up.
We have added you to our waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a ticket becomes available.
4 – 5 October 2023
3:00pm to 6:00pm (Singapore/Hong Kong/China Time) GMT +8
12:30pm to 3:30pm (India Time) GMT+5.5
11:00am to 2:00pm (UAE Time) GMT+4
Delivered Via: 2-Part Webinar
Joint ventures, or commonly known as ”mergerless merger” are popular options for businesses to consider when planning to expand into international markets.
Companies need to evaluate the key commercial reasons and corporate objectives behind entering into joint ventures and understand how these can be reflected in the legal structure and documents. In addition, they must be willing to share the overall risks, costs, management, and success of the venture with the local partners.
This 2-part virtual workshop will equip delegates with the essential knowledge and understanding of legal and commercial issues driving the setup of international joint ventures. Participants will look at case studies, examine sample documents and receive checklists to assist them with dealing with joint ventures following the course.
- Recognise the commercial and legal problems that regularly arise during the life cycle of a joint venture
- Understand the often sensitive issue of pre contract documents including the differences in common and civil law
- Examine the different options of legal structures that can be selected depending on the commercial objectives and address the advantages and disadvantages of each option including limited companies, partnerships and contractual joint ventures
- Overcome the challenges of decision making in a joint venture where parties are working to a common end but have different ultimate interests including minority shareholders, deadlock and options such as ‘Russian Roulette’ and Texas Shoot Out’
- Benefit from case studies, examine sample documents and receive checklists to better deal with joint ventures
Who Should Attend
- Partner /Lawyers in Practice
- CLO (Chief Legal Officer)
- Head of Legal
- VP Legal
- Head of Compliance
- Legal Director
- GM (Legal)
- General Counsel
- Senior Counsel
- Regional Counsel
- Legal Counsel
- Legal Manager
- Finance & Commercial Directors
- Company Secretaries
- Corporate Finance Professionals, Bankers & Analysts
|Before GST||After GST|
|Early Bird Rate (Ends 7 Aug 2023)||USD810||USD 874.80|
|Standard Rate||USD920||USD 993.60|
(65) 6870 3575 / firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
APPLICABILITY - These terms and conditions apply to the supply of conferences, workshops, events, and exhibitions (the “Event”) by Thomson Reuters to delegates/attendees (“you”).
PAYMENT - Payment must be received by Thomson Reuters prior to attendance at the Event.
CANCELLATION - Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate/attendee is always welcome at no extra cost. Alternatively, provided you notify Thomson Reuters in writing (by letter, fax, or email to email@example.com) 14 full days before the Event, Thomson Reuters will refund your registration fee, less a 15% administration charge with a minimum administration fee of $50+gst. Regrettably, no refunds will be made if less than 14 full days' notice of cancellation is given. However, if you cancel less than 14 full days before the Event, you may where applicable elect to receive presentation notes from the Event either electronically or in hardcopy. Thomson Reuters reserves the right to change the date, venue and/or presenters of the Event at any time and without prior notice, and in any way deemed to be in the best interests of meeting the objectives of the Event. If Thomson Reuters cancels a workshop for any reason, your remedy is limited to a refund of the registration fee.
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION - You are ultimately responsible for your own travel/accommodation bookings. Should the Event be rescheduled or cancelled, no compensation for such bookings will be available.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - Thomson Reuters will not accept any liability for damages or loss of property or valuables belonging to any delegate/attendee attending the Event.