UXSG Meetup #11 - Open Space
Add me to the waiting list
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as there is a spot which frees up.
Thank you, Jonathan Easton
We have added you to our waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a ticket becomes available.
UXSG Meetup #11 – Open SpaceHi there,
Happy 2015 to you!
Since the inception of the UXSG community, we have organised 10 meetups and two annual conferences. Along the way, we have learnt a great deal from all of you who supported and participated in these past events.
As you may be aware, we will be pausing the annual conference this year to give our community volunteers a well-deserved rest, and to reflect on and refine our approach on how best to contribute to the UX industry.
As we gear up for the next UXSG conference in 2016, we believe that we need to grow as a community through continued baby steps. There will thus be two new changes to this year's initiatives:
- Experiment with the Open Space concept, allowing for participants to suggest discussion topics and encouraging peer-to-peer learning. The adoption of this format is inspired by our friends from the Agile Singapore community – we think that they're doing an awesome job.
- Increase the frequency from bi-monthly to monthly meetups, so that our community members have more options to choose from and opportunities to take part in our events. (Yes, we are guilty of taking a lot of time to curate content for our talk presentation formats!)
Peer-to-peer learning. It is more relaxing and inviting to create dialogue and discussion among ourselves.
- You choose what you want to learn. Topics are generated by attendees so you are responsible for your learnings and takeaways – we are present simply to facilitate this platform for everyone.
- Ease of planning. Frankly put, presentation talks take lots of effort to organise, and we are desperate to be able to join in as fellow participants and learn alongside you as a community.
The vision of the DesignSingapore Council is for design to differentiate Singapore from global competition. As the national agency for design, the Council’s mission is to develop the design sector, and to help Singapore use design for innovation and growth, as well as to make life better. The DesignSingapore Council is part of the Ministry of Communications and Information.
More information about the DesignSingapore Council is available at www.designsingapore.org.
National Design Centre
The National Design Centre (NDC) is the nexus for all things design. This is where designers and businesses congregate to exchange ideas, conduct business, use its facilities and obtain assistance from the national agency for design, the DesignSingapore Council. Centrally located in the arts, cultural, learning and entertainment district in the Bras Basah-Bugis area, it is well placed to invite the public to learn about design through its exhibitions and programmes.
More information about the National Design Centre is available at www.designsingapore.org/NDC
HOW TO GET TO THE EVENT
- Circle Line – Bras Basah station (a 5-minute walk to the centre, take Exit A)
- East-West Line – Bugis station (a 5-minute walk to the centre, take Exit C)
- Middle Road (Midlink Plaza): SBS Transit 56 and SMRT 980
- Victoria Street (St Joseph’s Church): SBS Transit 130, 133, 145, 197 and SMRT 851, 960, NR7
- Victoria Street (Bras Basah Complex): SBS Transit 2, 12, 33, 130, 133 and SMRT 960, NR7
- North Bridge Road (Cosmic Insurance Building): SBS Transit 7, 32, 51, 61, 63, 80, 145, 175, 197 and SMRT 851
Parking is available at the following car parks near the centre, along:
- Queen Street: Public and HDB car parks
- Middle Road: InterContinental Singapore Hotel and Bugis Junction car park
- Victoria Street: National Library Building and Bugis+ car park