Truly Madly Science Camps 2021
Add me to the waiting list
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as there is a spot which frees up.
We have added you to our waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a ticket becomes available. Follow the 4 Facebook pages to be the first to know about our newest events: Young Scientist - https://www.facebook.com/scsyoungscientist Family Programmes - https://www.facebook.com/familyprogsingaporesc Science Centre Observatory - https://www.facebook.com/SCOBservatory UNTAME - https://www.facebook.com/UNTAMESG
Take a deep dive into Science beyond school. Science Centre Singapore's Truly Madly Science Camps bring real world Science alive through exciting experiences. This camp is only for 10-12 year olds. For safety reasons, students below 10 years of age are not allowed to participate. Parents are strictly not allowed to sit/join in these camps.
Signup for two 2-day camps and save $40.
Signup for four 2-day camps or two 4-day camps and save $200 (TMS Lite has included the $40 discount).
Halal lunch (with fish & chicken) will be provided.
Timing: 10am-4pm daily (Registration starts at 9.30am on Monday)
Truly Madly Science Camp Lite
Experience the best of four camps. Join us for 1 day of Survive on Science, 1 day of Serious Gaming, 1 day of Engineering and 1 day of Chemystery, and experience the different facets of STEM.
Truly Madly Science: Foam Flinging Fest (F3) camp
Do you like playing with foam dart blaster? Ever wonder what it takes to make it shoot harder and faster? If your answer is “yes”, then this is the camp for you! Build your own battery powered foam dart blaster that will surely outrange and outperform those bought in stores! You will learn about basic electronics and electrical circuits, as well as have hands-on experience in soldering. The best part? You will put your blaster to the test by using it in games* against other participants of the camp! Are you ready to become the fastest foam flinger in the west (of Singapore)?
* Safe distancing measures apply.
Colour changing, bubbles forming, heat produced – these are some ways to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred. Try out different experiments and unveil the mysteries behind them. Beware, some experiments are not safe to try at home!
Engineers start young! Make engineering concepts simple by combining Science knowledge and modern technology to build interesting structures and machines. This holistic experience will give students a headstart if they are interested in engineering.
If you LOVE playing video games, then this is the camp for you! You will be playing several games such as Minecraft, Kerbal Space Program, and SimplePlanes*. While doing so, you will solve problems, conquer challenges, and most importantly, learn important scientific concepts in the process. What are you waiting for? Ready to get your game on?
*Actual list of games may vary depending on availability.
Food, water and shelter – these are the basic things we need to survive, whether in an urban environment or in the wilderness. Learn important wilderness survival skills such as making fire, obtaining drinking water, building a simple shelter and basic navigation. Be a survivor no matter what life throws at you – survive on science!
Check out Young Scientist, Family Programmes and UNTAME Facebook pages to see our past events and latest news!
Terms and Conditions
1. Confirmation is on a first-come-first-served basis.
2. Please note that there will be no refund of the programme cost for any no shows, cancellations or wrong selections during registration.
3. Please note that all discounted admissions are subject to the attendees holding the relevant identification. If identification is not produced upon request, the participant may be denied entry to the programme. .
4. Science Centre has the right to change or cancel the programme. In the event that the programme is cancelled, all registered participants will be informed 3 days prior to the date of the programme and all charges will be refunded.
5. Please inform us at least 3 working days in advance in the event that you are not able to turn up for the programme to avoid wastage in purchasing the lesson materials.
6. Please be informed that while we will make sure that necessary safety precautions are taken, the Science Centre will not be liable for any accidents or damages incurred during the programme.
7. Science Centre Singapore may take photographs or recordings of any visitor for any purpose, without prior approval or compensation. Please inform the organizers should you not wish your child to be photographed during the event.