If your event is a paid event, it is compulsory for it to have a payment method setup. By default, GEVME will automatically add a cheque payment method for you if your event is a paid event. You can then of course edit or add more payment methods if required. Payment methods in GEVME can be broadly grouped under two categories:
- Online Payment Methods
- Credit Card
- Offline Payment Methods
- Bank Transfer
- At the Event
This article will explain how to add, edit and delete a payment method. For more information on each online and offline payment method, see the articles Online Payment Methods and Offline Payment Methods respectively.
To create and add a Payment Method, follow these steps:
- Click on Payment in the left-hand navigation.
- Under the Payment screen, click on the Add a payment method button.
- In the dropdown which appears, click on the payment method that you want to setup, e.g. PayPal.
- This will bring up the settings module for the payment method that you selected. Key in the necessary details and click on the OK button in the payment method's module.
- This will close the settings module of the payment method. To save the payment method you just created, click on the green Save changes button.
To edit the settings of a payment method which you already created, follow these steps:
- Click on the edit button, represented by the pen icon.
- This will put the payment method into edit mode. Once in edit mode, do the necessary changes, and click on the OK button to apply your changes.
To delete a payment method, click on the delete button, represented by the cross icon.