China Ready Programme
Add me to the waiting list
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as there is a spot which frees up.
Thank you, Jonathan Easton
We have added you to our waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a ticket becomes available.
Why should I participate?
· Practical applications: You are able to work in realistic settings with real challenges and solutions, guided by “experienced hands” offering guidance on market navigation within China
· Network building: Through a combination of networking sessions with local staff working at the Sino-Singapore collaboration, industry practitioners and academia, you can form networks necessary for future success
· Market testing: Allow you to build market intelligence, conduct market testing and evaluate opportunities of establishing physical presence in Greater China
What will it cover?
The programme combines go-to-market curriculum and also provides access to industry experts as well as market mentors. Constituting 2 segments: 3-days workshop in Singapore and 2-weeks market immersion in Guangzhou, China. The 2 weeks immersion is built around in-depth, rigorous discussions among peers about their experiences and challenges. Industry experts and market mentors will participate actively in these discussions, while also providing one-to-one mentoring. Market mentors are identified based on the actual mix of participants and their circumstances.
For the first instalment, IE Singapore is collaborating with Sino-Singapore Guangzhou Knowledge City Investment and Development Co., Ltd. (GKC Co) to launch the inaugural China Ready Programme focusing on business opportunities in South China. With GKC’s strong Sino-Singapore ties, newly found positioning as Intellectual Property Pilot Reform Zone, trade hub of Southern China, as well as strategic location along China’s “One Belt, One Road” initiative (OBOR), GKC provides an ideal learning platform for Singapore companies to understand about China.
What will you get out of the programme?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
· Recognise the critical components included in a feasibility analysis and the overall
· Develop and build relationships with government and business communities in South China
· Evaluate the opportunities and challenges for expansion into South China
· Develop practical recommendations that can be integrated into your company’s China
Who should attend?
It is designed for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Resident (SPR)s executives who are:
· Preparing to launch a new product or product line in China
· Keen to develop in-country local intelligence
· Preparing to assume expanded responsibilities overseeing China market
Segment 1 Preparatory Modules: 27 March – 29 March 2017 (3 days) in Singapore.
Classroom based session conducted by NTU
Segment 2 Market Immersion:10 April – 21 April 2017 (10 days) in Guangzhou.
Managed and organised by GKC Co.
The 10 day course structure consists of
o 4 days of site visits
o 2 days of mentoring discussion (both one to one and group discussions)
o 2 days of self-directed learning
o 1 day of peer review and dialogue
o 1 day of classroom based learning
China Ready Programme will cover key topics including:
· Chinese business landscape and what it means for foreign investors
· Financing and banking system in China and its impact on enterprise investment and
· Business models to consider as Singapore companies enter into China (actual business case analysis)
· Creating an effective relationship with Guangzhou government officials:
Full programme fee is S$8,000 (Programme fee does not include hotel accommodation, airfare, airport transfers and other incidental expenses. These expenses as mentioned shall be borne by participants.)
· Course fee funding
Singapore citizens who are planning to enrol in or are successfully enrolled in this course should concurrently apply for the SkillsFuture Study Award for Internationalisation. Recipients of the Study Award may receive a monetary award of S$5,000 to defray the out-of-pocket expenses associated with the course. (To qualify for the award, only Singapore citizens with minimum 3 years of experience are eligible for SkillsFuture Study Award.)
Click on link for Study Awards application: http://www.skillsfuture.sg/studyawards/international-business
· Airfare and Salary expense funding for companies
Eligible companies can further enjoy support of up to 70% for the following component of overseas immersion for employees who are Singapore citizens or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)s:
o One return economy class airfare for each trainee from Singapore to China (the market of immersion)
o ½ month basic salary of the participating staff, including employer’s CPF contribution.
Click on link for Overseas Market Attachment application :
To register for the programme, Please contact:
Sino-Singapore Guangzhou Knowledge City Investment and Development Co Ltd.
Mr Wang Nan
Manager, Singapore Branch Office
DID: +65 6265 3422
Fax: +65 6265 3423
JTC LaunchPad @ One-North,
Blk79 Ayer Rajah Crescent #02-24,
Ms Susan Wu
Deputy Manager, Strategic Collaboration
DID: +86 20 3211 2939
For financial support enquiries, e-mail to:
International Enterprise Singapore
Ms May Chow
Senior Manager, Global Talent Division