If you’ve ever experienced the hustle and bustle of event planning, we don’t need to explain what an undertaking it is to deal with thousands of tasks on the list at once. Still, an event registration landing page is the one thing that you can’t ignore. Let’s explore the perks of having an extremely worthwhile event registration page.
Why should an event registration landing page be efficient?
An event landing page is responsible for generating registrations, which is the principal reason for its importance. Event managers invest huge resources, time, and effort into maximizing the impact their events can produce for the attendees. However, all of that is in vain if the target audience simply does not make it to the venue. Launching an efficient event landing page is the best prerequisite for facilitating attendance.
The key elements of an efficient event landing page
The best event landing pages follow a certain structure. Here are the essential “must-haves” that a seamless event registration page includes:
- Event details. It’s not one of those as-much-as-possible deals, but listing the principal details about your event on the registration page is the gold standard. Let people find out about the key dates, venue location, and event agenda to help them understand whether they want to be there. Additionally, you might provide a map and some tips on choosing transportation and lodging. This will be highly appreciated. Talk about the things you would want to know when making the decision to attend, but don’t overdo it. Tons of information on one page can be confusing.
- Ticketing information. An event registration landing page should present the conditions for participation clearly. Highlight the details on ticket types and prices to help people understand whether they will be able to participate.
- Value offer. Purposeful events always have missions behind them. Communicate the values and messages that your event entails, and inform the prospective attendees about the benefits they will reap from attendance.
- Sign-up form. Registering a person for an event also means establishing a dialog with him/her. By capturing the essential contact data in sign-up forms, you establish the channels for contacting registrants in future. To simplify the process for event registrants, you can use the pre-population of data.
- CTA. There should always be a highly visible spot left for a clear call-to-action in your event landing page design. Remember: the more event registrants click on the “submit” button, the higher event conversion rates you get.
- Mobile optimization. Say, “Welcome!” to the use of mobile devices! By catering to mobile, you ensure that your event registration form is available on any device, and thus, maximize the registration rates.
- Social sharing. Event registration pages are great platforms for sharing your social media links. Let people connect to your organization, track the updates about the event, and discover your engaging ideas that might resonate with their interests.
- Support. Even if you think that there is everything one needs to know on your event registration page, including the information on how to get some extra help is a must. Provide the link to the FAQ section, some contact information, and the details about the client’s support service.
- Thank you page. It’s not only about being polite to your event registrants. Effective thank you pages can help you extend the buyer’s journey by providing links to resources or encouraging further actions.
How to build the perfect event registration landing page
Start building a landing page for event registration by choosing the right platform. With the qualities of advanced website builders, you do not need to know how to code to create a beautiful and customizable event page. The option you should consider is GEVME Website Builder. This application provides ready-to-use templates for your website and allows customizing the content blocks to your liking. If you expect to craft a seamless event registration landing page in few clicks, that’s your ideal choice!
If you want to encourage registrations, make people fall in love with your event landing page design. Although it’s not the principal factor in making attendance decisions, it definitely plays a huge role. To create conversion-centric design, choose the platform that provides the most effective templates. Pay attention to the positions of CTAs, and select appealing color schemes that resonate with the event branding.
Choose the platform that allows customizing content blocks, and fill your event registration landing page with the best flavors. The recipe for success is quite simple: avoid vague and lengthy sentences, make a valuable plan of action into the star, highlight the agenda & speakers, and don’t forget about the major event details.
Call to action
The positions and appearance of your event registration page CTAs dictate the actions that the users should take. Make sure they are well-positioned and noticeable. To make them shine, you can add some contrasting colors to the buttons or change the sizes or format.
Capitalize on registrations by optimizing the usability of your event registration landing page. Make sure the website caters to mobile devices and can be accessed anywhere, anytime.
The best event registration landing page examples
Need some practical insights into the power of event registration? Check out these events landing page best practices and fuel your creativity:
#1. GEVME Xchange 2016
#3. Vancouver Startup Tournament
The rates of event registrations depend heavily on how well the event landing page reflects the event’s unique assets. By creating the event registration website that emphasizes all the key details, encourages action, and highlights the value of the project, you get the most out of event marketing. With the use of an effective website building platform and a bit of event landing page inspiration, you can magnify the attendance.
Test GEVME to experience the automated event page creation in practice. Get started for free!