Middle School Made Easy (public) - DEMO
Add me to the waiting list
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as there is a spot which frees up.
Thank you, Jonathan Easton
We have added you to our waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a ticket becomes available.
The Event | Cost? | What's Included? | Presenters | Bonus | Sponsors
Set Your Daughter Up for Success!
We’ve designed this special one-day program exclusively for 6th grade girls.Help your daughter walk the halls of middle school with confidence! Our panel of experts will share the secrets to:
- Organize for school success
- Create good, meaningful friendships
- Form a positive mindset
- Stay true to herself
You play a critical role in your daughter’s emerging independence. To learn strong parenting tactics and help your daughter thrive during this time of transition, attend the special wrap-up session just for you.
SEPTEMBER 24, 2016Girls: 10:00 - 3:00
Parents: 2:00 - 3:00
SAMMAMISH TEEN CENTER825 228th Ave NE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who’s invited?Girls entering middle school, from any school district (10:00 - 3:00)
Parents of girls are invited for a special wrap up session (2:00 - 3:00)
Fun, interactive presentations by experts in their field
- Organizing for School Success (Lynette Apley, Simply Placed)
- Fantastic Friendships: The New Social Landscape (Sheri Gazitt, Teen Wise)
- Teens Tell All (Current middle school students join us for lunch)
- Mindset Matters: Your Approach to Life (Julieann Picket, A Changed Mindset)
- Becoming Independent but Staying Close (Erin Aitken, Mother-Daughter-ology)
Lunch, snacks, and drinks
Discovering Friendship, a book by Sheri Gazitt
How will my daughter benefit?She will learn:
- The best organizational practices to help her thrive academically
- How to navigate the changing social landscape so she can foster healthy and meaningful friendships
- The power of making pro-active choices so she can avoid living passively
- The strength of staying connected to her family so she can strive for independence without completely pushing parents away
- Understand that she is not alone and that she has places to turn for support
- Be prepared to make decisions that are healthy for her despite the media and peer pressure
- Explore what she can expect in the next few years
Sheri is a community leader when it comes to giving advice to young girls and their parents. She helps parents understand their daughter’s perspective which allows a closer and healthier relationship to emerge. Sheri is committed to keeping up to date on the relevant issues through continued education. Most recently she trained directly with Rachel Simmons author of Odd Girl Out and attended the only Teen Girl Life Coach training in the US. She credits her three daughters for making her such an extraordinary teen and parent educator. They keep a close eye on her content!
Lynette has a knack for helping others get and stay organized. Lynette’s passion for organizing and project management is evident in all facets of her life; from organizing at home and office, to coordinating projects for schools and local charities. Her over ten years of professional organizing experience have included numerous successes with clients – including offices, garages, kitchens, playrooms, and closets, as well as moving and packing services.
Erin is a mother of three daughters and a certified elementary school teacher. Erin has always had a heart for relationship building and lifelong learning. Her workshops are developed from this love of both. She brings years of experience from a classroom setting and life at home into every element of every workshop with a hearty dose of learning, laughter, and love.
Julieann is passionate about empowering women of all ages. She understands how our mindsets are the key to creating our success. She knows that our thoughts are the most powerful weapon we have to create and sustain our success. Through her education and experience, she understands that there are 12 Core Elements of Mindset that will ensure success and overall happiness in all areas of life - physically, psychologically, emotionally, spiritually, and financially. She works every day to empower women of all ages so that they create a life of success, fulfillment, and happiness.
- Saturday, September 10, 2016 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
- Sammamish Teen Center - 825 228th Ave Ne, Sammamish, WA 98074
Organizer of Middle School Made Easy
Sheri Gazitt, Teen Wise Founder, Teen Life Coach and Professional Speaker: As the GoGirlGo Seattle Director for the Women's Sports Foundation, I spent years working with teen girls. Through this work, I was able to see the struggles that many of them faced with perfectionism, stress, and friendships. This fueled me to create my company, Teen Wise. My continual motivation and passion for my work comes from my three teen daughters. They are my business consultants, my guides, my cheerleaders, and my critics, and keep me grounded in the issues that teens face every day.